Saturday, September 20, 2008

My last game at the current Yankee Stadium

I was at Yankee Stadium on Thursday to watch the Yankees beat the Chicago White Sox by a score of 9-2. Starting pitcher Mike Mussina picked up his 18th win of the season. This was likely my last game at the current Yankee Stadium because the Yankees are moving to a new stadium across the street for the 2009 season. This Sunday is the last regular season game at the current stadium. The Yankees are in third place in the American League East and are not expected to make the postseason.

Emilio "Millito" Navarro threw out the ceremonial first pitch of Thursday's game. Mr. Navarro was the first Puerto Rican to play in the Negro Leagues. He is also the oldest living professional baseball player at the age of 102.

I watched the game from my seat on the main level, but later in the game I went to the upper deck to take this wide angle shot.


After the game as I waited on the subway platform for my train, I took a picture through the metal bars of the platform fence. This picture shows the current Yankee Stadium on the left and the new Yankee Stadium on the right which is still under construction.

No comments: